Junior No Coast wheelchair tennis program.
This fun seasonal program is specifically designed to teach kids (K-12), with physical disabilities, basic racquet control skills, overall adaptive tennis skills, basic wheelchair mobility skills, and develop those skills taking their tennis game from a basic recreational level to the more advanced competitive level.
The objectives of this program are:
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations and special needs to be introduced to and explore basic skills in a fun, recreational environment.
- To allow children with a variety of physical limitations to learn the fundamentals of the game of tennis.
Goals of the program:
- Kids learn the basics of tennis in a fun interactive environment
- To improve hand/eye coordination, racquet skills, volleys and ground strokes.
- To prepare adaptive tennis players for competitive play.
Participation requirements - To ensure a fun and safe event, children must be:
- Ages K-12 and able to actively participate in workshop*
- Seizure free for at least 2 months*
- Caregiver presence needed for assistance if participant is not physically independent*
- Having participants be able to push a manual wheelchair independently is preferred*
*NOTE: Parent/guardian will need to sign a waiver before child can play. Waiver will be available at venue